We have adopted the 10 privacy principles in the code developed by the Canadian Standards Association as set out in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), as follows:
1. Accountability We will maintain and protect all personal information we collect and we will tell you how we intend to use it.
3. Consent We will obtain your consent to the collection and use of your personal information, either expressly, or, where appropriate, implied.
5. Limiting Use Disclosure and Retention Personal information should only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected as consented by an individual, or when it is required or permitted to be disclosed by law. We then give limited information, only as needed to carry out our requirements.
6. Accuracy We will keep all personal information as complete, accurate and up to date as we are able and as may be necessary for the purposes for which such personal information is to be used.
7. Safeguards We will protect all personal information collected from you from unauthorized access, disclosure or copying. We use security techniques designed to protect our customer data. We take into account the sensitivity of this information and use it only when needed.
RESPECTING YOUR PREFERENCE
We will explain your options of refusing or withdrawing consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your information and will record and respect your choices.
ADDRESSING YOUR CONCERNS
If you have any questions, concerns or problems about privacy or how to request information from us, please contact the Privacy Officer in writing to:
Harris & Partners Inc.
8920 Woodbine Avenue, Suite 300
Markham, Ontario L3R 9W9